Friday, May 13, 2022

Friday finish - cutting out

 


On Wednesday night we returned from a river cruise from Amsterdam through the Netherlands to Ghent and Antwerp returning to Amsterdam on Tuesday where we visited the Keukenhof Gardens. This was one of the attractions of this cruse which we only booked a month ago.


On Wednesday we had a few hours spare before heading to the airport so we walked through the city, trying to see a few of the churches but they didn't open until 12. We did find a fabulous fabric shop called A Boeken which is also next door to the wool shop - Stephen and Penelope. I was only after a rotary cutter as I left mine in Nantes, but they only had the Prym cutters and I want something more distinctive so it doesn't get mixed up with other people's equipment at retreats.



I did very little cross stitching when I was away but I did cut out the remainder of the letter blocks and block borders for the Just My Type sewalong. 



Since returning home I've bought a few patterns but I've also stitched a letter block per day and started to add the borders on the first eight letters. Some of the background has also been cut out so I can put together the first row. I'm loving how the pink sashing brightens the whole quilt. I am only planning t use the dark floral on the mustard blocks as it's too heavy with the plainer navy.



My plan for the next few days is to continue stitching a block a day and add the frames onto a to h, finish my May UFO challenge and today I will be mostly being a couch potato and get my Prairie Schooler Santa progressed.



No comments: