Friday, December 04, 2020

Friday finish - 2020 advent calendar

 



My Opal advent calendar has come out of storage for 2020 and I filled it with a rainbow of Scheepjes mini balls of wool from Wool Warehouse. I bought these from a friend who was raising money for a local cancer support group.



I had a false start as I was trying to fade one colour into another but the joins were very visible so yesterday I decided to start again. The colours transition so well that they don't need to be faded from one colour into the next, the wool does that for me.


I have cast on 200 stitches onto a circular needle using the Turkish cast on. That means no seaming at the bottom of what I hope will become a rainbow cushion. I am using a size 3mm needle and if my maths and tension are correct I need 5.3 rows of each colour. I will review this after ten colours and do five rows of some colours and six of other. This is a great evening activity as it is just plain knitting in the round.


No comments: