Wednesday, August 05, 2020

WIP Wednesday - Star stream SAL






My husband has taken my last baby quilt for a new baby in his office, so I decided to just do the crib size of the Star Stream pattern by @chasing.tigers I also decided to fussy cut some of my Tula Pink animals. I then took the lazy option to start pulling Kona cottons from the leftovers from my Hex on the Beach quilt. There is just enough for the half square triangles.


I have cut the HSTs on my Accuquilt which is quick to cut and no trimming of the resultant squares is needed. I am using my scraps of Kona ash for the background. I have cut the larger squares and strips from the small amount of yardage that I had left and the HSTs are cut from the scraps.


I have bought another metre of the background fabric locally just in case I don't have enough scraps. I think many of the pieces left aren't big enough for 2.5" squares. The crib size requires 6 blocks so I am already half finished.



No comments: