Wednesday, August 19, 2020

WIP Wednesday - All Aboard case

 




Lizzie asked me to make her a bag for her make up pallets with some fabric that a friend had given me. I ordered the gunmetal elastic and thought I was good to go. I was surprised that gun metal is more of a white elastic rather than grey, but it would still work. I also bought the By Annie pattern - All Aboard from Sew Hot.


I quilted the skull fabric with a simple pattern from Anne Bright called Circuits. I found a large piece of Grunge by Basic Grey so decided to use that for this case as the lining.


They say that pride comes before a fall, and I thought I could finish this case in one day. I could have progressed quicker if I hadn't adjusted the measurements of the wrong piece of the pattern and wasted an hour unpicking and redoing the quilting to realise I only needed a 2" piece and not 5". Then I relaised I only had one zipper pull and not the two required in the pattern. Lizzie is excited to see this completed and it is starting to come together with all of the component parts ready to assemble. Fingers crossed the zipper pulls arrive this week and I can share a finished project with you soon.

No comments: