Friday, August 28, 2020

Freebie Friday - scrappy summer sewalong

 

I am enjoying sewing up the simple nine patch blocks for this free pattern (see last Friday's post). Having taken down my Techno Garden Quilt from my design wall, I can see that I have sewn 61 out of a total of 100 blocks. 


These little blocks were a perfect leader and ender project whilst stitching up the Techno Garden hexagon blocks. I was aiming to stitch four blocks a day. I lay out the blocks on two design boards which easily accommodates four blocks per board, so I have now started sewing eight blocks a day. I am planning t do this on week days and stitch on my tattoo quilt blocks on a Saturday. I will share the latest block with you next week.


This is another scrap busting project but it doesn't appear to have reduced the volume of scraps one bit. I have finished the indigo and purple blocks and just need one more blue block, before focusing on the turquoise blocks for which I need to cut some more squares.

No comments: