Wednesday, January 08, 2020

The stash buster challenge







The president of Caesarea Quilters posted a link to the Stash Buster Challenge for 2020. It is a simple block in three sizes and I can cut the necessary squares with my Accuquilt. I have committed to myself to make two quilts in 2020 for Quilts for Care leavers so I thought this was a perfect pattern as it has so many possibilities.

Here are my first four blocks.


I have realised:
1. Directional fabrics can be challenging
2. I don't have as many red fabrics as I thought
3. These blocks are addictive

They are also perfect blocks to sew at sew days and retreats or as leader and enders. I plan to prep ten blocks a week and then they're ready to sew. They only take about five minutes to sew so are a quick diversion when my current WIP or UFO gets boring.

No comments: