Monday, January 06, 2020

I slipped down a Prairie Schooler rabbit hole

I enjoy watching Youtube videos whilst I hand sew binding, do some knitting or cross stitch. I have recently started watching #Flosstube videos. Although I have done a few Frosted Pumpkin Stitchery patterns, I haven't tried any other designers. That is about to change. Many Flosstubers stitch the Prarie Schooler annual Santa patterns.

Whilst watching one video, I Googled the patterns and there wer a couple on Ebay. Click, click and they were purchased. Another Google and Peakside Needleworks in the UK have almost all of the patterns. I went wild in the virtual aisles, calmed down and took some out of my shopping basket and ordered linen and floss too.


I like the patterns but want to update the colours. I have chosen a grey linen fabric to stitch the patterns on and once my order arrives from Peakside, I will look at changing up some of the colours for a fresher more modern feel.


Any patterns that I didn't buy have now been sent to my family as suggestions for Mother's Day, birthday etc gifts. With clickable links so I get the right pattern. I will be stitching these for years to come so have added a couple to my Finishalong list. Whilst I wait impatiently for my order, I should sew up a project bag.

No comments: