Thursday, May 23, 2019

#The100dayproject day 50

Yesterday marked day 50 on the 100 day challenge and the half way point. I should have chosen a quicker project to do each day as one block take about 2 hours. Fine if I have nothing on or wake early, but on busy days I am struggling.

Here is where I was ten days ago on day 40:


I got to day 46 and realised that I was short of one colour of fabric. Hmm. I should have checked the list provided by a shop of Kona equivalents of the Tula Pink solids. So yesterday I ordered two extra greens which arrived today. I have now chosen the green that I want to use and have cut 28 hexagons. Green is not my favourite colour either.


So whilst waiting for the green Kona to arrive, I started stitching some of the blue blocks and putting some packets of hexagons ready for our holiday.


And here are my blocks so far with two random blue blocks. I have sewn a few more blocks into a bigger section and I am starting to get all of my packets of hexagons organised. Great progress has been made so far and I am hoping to make some progress whilst on holiday as we have some long flights and a train journey. It's difficult to know how many packets to take, too many and it's wasted suitcase room and too few and I won't know what to do with myself.



No comments: