Friday, May 31, 2019

Holiday crafty projects

I have prepped three projects to take with me this time. I almost took a large shawl project, but that would be ridiculous, even for me. Firstly I have 12 Hex on the Beach blocks ready to stitch. I am not taking pins and instead have a clipboard and washi tape to keep things in place.


The Frosted Pumpkin Stitchery had a 20% Memorial weekend sale so I picked up this cherry blossom pattern. I used some linen that I had in stock and only ha to buy five skeins of floss. Fortunately the local shop that stocks DMC was open today.


Lastly are some DK socks from the Click and Swish Collective by Kay Jones of the Bakery Bears. I might need these on the night flight from Dubai to Beijing. Fingers crossed I get some sleep. I am doing these in one colour from stash. I might try to buy an extra pair of needles in Brighton for the heels. Instead of going into London tomorrow we are heading in the opposite direction to Brighton.


Hears hoping for clear skies for our first flight so that we get off the island on time. we have never flown with Emirates so we are looking forward to seeing if they are as good as their reputation.

No comments: