Wednesday, May 22, 2019

Flora supply case sew along

I have made two of the Flora supply case before and I joined in this sew along to make the larger version. You an purchase the pattern at Clover & Violet There has been a lot going on with family over the last few weeks and I completely missed the finish of the sewalong even though I had finished the case.


I added a personal touch to the pattern by adding a little fabric loop for attaching a key ring or similar.




I used fabric from Tula Pink's Zuma range in lovely aquas, blues and lime green. I particularly love the splashes of neon. The fabric along with the zip came from Tania's Fabric on Facebook. The foldover elastic and the grey mesh were from previous projects. I picked up more of the corduroy premade bias tape from Beyond Measure UK at the Festival of Quilts last year.

 

I really struggled with putting the zipper pull o the zipper tape and I could quite cheerfully have put it in the bin at that stage. I persevered and eventually it slid on. I quickly added the zipper end so as to secure the sipper pull so that it wouldn't be pulled off by accident.

No comments: