Monday, April 22, 2019

#the100dayproject Day 20

I checked in with you on day 10 of this project to make significant progress on my Hex on a Beach quilt by Tula Pink. I have kept up stitching one block per day and have found a system that works for me.

Every evening I pin the hexagons to a pressing board and it is ready to stitch the following day. I endeavour to stitch first thing in the morning so that it releases me to work on other things during the day otherwise I find I am devoting too much thought to the Hex on the Beach project. Today my block was finished by 9am, we then did some food shopping and I am now finishing the binding on three other projects.


I keep my tools in a handy tin and have pared them down to the bare minimum. we are off to France on Wednesday so I am taking my tin, a cutting mat and five packets of hexagons. A bit hopeful but I would rather take too much hand work rather than not enough.



 This is how my blocks are looking so far. Only a few are stitched together and that is what I plan to work on this evening as I need to release some of the hexagon papers for future blocks. whilst I have five packets ready for our holiday after that I need to prep more hexagons.


I am pleased with my progress in 20 days but I need to sew some blocks together and finish a large block on the top four rows. I am glad to be moving onto reds as I am getting a bit bored of just working with pink.


No comments: