Tuesday, April 02, 2019

Catch all caddy

This caddy had been on my to do list for some time, then I quilted the fabric and cut out the elements and it rested for a while. I thought I would complete it at the rainbow retreat but in the end, I focussed on it over two days and it was done.


I as a bit mystified by how the pockets on the inside went together, but I found a YouTube video and it confirmed that the pockets were open on the bottom. I mostly closed the bottom of the pocket and afterwards I thought that a mesh pocket might have been better. I looked at the Catch all Caddy that Kim had been gifted at a Simply Solids Retreat and hers had mesh pockets.


I didn't put the loops across the ends and I prefer the look. All in all, I am pleased with this finish and was able to take it to retreat last weekend. I think I am going to fill it with duplicates of my most used tools, but only if I have them already. fortunately we were gifted a rotary cutter in our retreat goody bags so that will go in along with the pins I was gifted, amongst other things from my house guest, Pippa.


This is my last finish for Q1 of the finish along.

5 comments:

a.fox.made.this said...

Beautiful Sue, it looks amazing with the All Stars Frog print.

Carol Andrews said...

What a beautiful retreat bag.! I love the fabrics. What is the pattern you used?
Carol Andrews
https://quiltschmilt.wordpress.com

Jennie said...

I am pretty jealous of this! It's fabulous!

mangozz said...

What a gorgeous bag! You did a really professional job and the fabric choices are awesome.

Sarah Goer Quilts said...

What a lovely caddy! I love the frog peeking out on the side!! Thank you for participating in the FAL, on behalf of the 2019 global FAL hosts.