Wednesday, January 09, 2019

Where have I been


My last post was the items that I wanted to finish for Q4 of the finish long and then I disappeared.



At the beginning of October I fell and whilst it was initially diagnosed as a sprain, turned out to be a broken ankle so I was a good girl and rested up my foot in the orthopaedic boot that I was given. This meant no standing at my long arm and using the sewing machine was out too, but I did do some cross stitching which I will show you next week. one of the items I am particularly proud of.

I did finish this quilt - the pattern was by Abigail Sheridan de Graff which I tested for Abigail. My broken ankle didn't stop me from sewing on the binding.


I quilted this  on my long arm using an edge to edge pattern. It has since been gifted to my hairdresser as she loves Christmas and I hadn't given her a wedding present when she got married earlier last year.



 One of the reasons I was good an rested up was we were headed to the Caribbean on a two week cruise at the beginning of November. I can't fault the special assistance at Gatwick airport. I only took knitting with me on our holiday as I finished the cross stitch whilst resting my foot.


We were on P&O Azura and paid to use the retreat for the two weeks. well worth the investment as I could rest in the shade and my hubby could et full sun. they also served light lunches too, so no battling with the queues at the buffet, which  managed to avoid for the whole two weeks.









1 comment:

Sew of Course said...

What a wonderful Christmas finish! I hope your ankle is fully healed by now!! Thank you for participating in the FAL, on behalf of the 2018 FAL hosts!