Wednesday, January 09, 2019

Cushion finished

I wanted to make at least one project from the book, Fussy Cutters Club, tat I purchased by Gnome Angel (Angie Wilson). I made my own templates to cut the pieces for this cushion as I reduced the size from the example in the book. Getting a quarter of an inch seam allowance around all three sides of the templates was more challenging than I realised. we are very lucky to have access for a small fee, to 3D lase cutting equipment at our local library.


 I tried out the Aurifil 80 on this project as well as the flat back stitch. I have the Tula Pink - hex o the beach project in progress so may try this technique again as I don't like seeing stitches come through to the front. we will see. Here is a tutorial for this technique - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZfC9gOdiinU


I then quilted it in three directions on my Bernina and turned it into a cushion. I think I may try out the big tote pattern from the book next but I need to finish some other projects first. More on my Q1 2019 finish along list another day.

3 comments:

Charlie said...

Very fun fabrics! Lovely job! and congratulations on the finish.

a.fox.made.this said...

This looks great. I want to make another of these now I've seen yours, my first one was gifted in swap but I really enjoyed making it.

felicity said...

Pillows are such great projects - they can be detailed like this and still a relatively quick finish. I love the scrappiness with low volume background. LOVE.

Thanks for linking up to the FAL, on behalf of the global hosts.