Thursday, February 18, 2016

February socks

My February socks for the brown bag sock club are done apart from sewing in ends and soaking, but I have to get on with a test knit and another Eisteddfod entry.



These were knit on 2mm Karbonz which like many have observed are not very smooth. I think I want to try some Addi sock rockets next. Perhaps I might be able to pick up a pair at the Edinburgh Yarn Fest in March. The wool is Crazy Zauberball. And I almost forgot, I tried the Fish Lips Kiss heel for the first time. These are half an inch shorter in the foot than my last pair so I am hoping they will fit better after blocking. At the moment they are a snug fit.


When I got home yesterday, a little parcel from Canada was snuggled in the corner of our front door step. It was this gorgeous Bis-sock from biscotte yarns. The draw on their website closed at the end of January and arrived in just two weeks from the draw closing. And it is so soft, on a 85% superwash merino and 15% nylon base. I can't remember the name of the colour way though and it doesn't seem to be on their website.

No comments: