Thursday, February 25, 2016

February OMG finish


I am pleased to say that I finished the kitty quilt using the Elizabeth Hartman pattern. The 18th birthday that I made it for is in ten days time but unfortunately I miscalculated and entered the quilt into the Needlework Section of the Jersey Eisteddfod.

My daughter Lizzie loved the grey background for this quilt so I'm using the same grey for her "Going to University" quilt. I have 22 blocks out of 50 pieced so far for that project.


As well as finishing this quilt, you may just be able to see the lovely new badge that I'm sporting for the Jersey Modern Quilt Guild which arrived in time for our February meeting. The Guild has now reached capacity so we can only invite ladies to join us when there are spare tables.

7 comments:

Nann said...

Congratulations on your OMG finish! The cat blocks are wonderful.

Bonnie said...

I love Elizabeth's animal patterns... I haven't succumbed to them . . . yet. Congratulations on a great finish.

Heidi said...

Your cats are fun, especially the geeky one!

Heather North said...

Love this finish and I am impressed that you completed it with 10 days to spare for the 18th birthday.

Paige said...

I just love your mix of colors and prints! And the glasses are too cute!

Linda M @ Pieceful Kingdom said...

Such a cute quilt. Very nice work and congratulations on your finish!

Quilt n Queen said...

Congratulations on your February finish. I have 3 of Elizabeth's patterns but not the cats. What a fun quilt!! Happy stitching!!