Monday, March 23, 2015

Where have I been?

Nowhere is the boring answer, but in truth I've been mainly sofa surfing trying to get over the cold I picked up in Guernsey 10 days ago. My head is so screwed up that I thought we had a Guild UFO day yesterday, and no that would be next week. So having decided that I would work on my Wishes quilt at the UFO day, I broke it out and worked on it yesterday.
 
 
I had some 2.5" strips already cut to piece the border, but as I've decided to donate the finished quilt to Siblings Together, I decided to go for a scrappy strip border. This made finishing the top a quick finish as I just needed to add three white borders and two rounds of scrappy strips.

 
I even pieced the backing ready to quilt. When I say piece, I mean fold the length in half and sew one seam and press. :) I had even made a note in Outlook reminding me that this Tanya Whelan spot is for the Wishes backing, which I bought in a sale in John Lewis last July.
 

I think the spot isn't a bad match and having loaded it onto my long arm frame ready to quilt tomorrow, there's going to be plenty of backing left. I can see this pink spot being paired with other Bonnie & Camille fabrics in the future.

No comments: