Monday, August 18, 2014

Stash Bee blocks August 2014

Nancy was very kind to us for August and requested a 12" churn dash block. Her instructions were:

Churn Dash Fabric Color:  greens, green to greenish blues, or teals (no neons please)
Background Fabric: neutrals, low volume prints, except bright whites or bright white on whites. Text prints welcome!
*Please have the middle square be the same as the background neutral fabric.
 
The tutorial is from A Quilting Life. I love the churn dash pattern and made some mini quilts for the sample swap at retreat using a nested churn dash pattern.
 

 
I broke out my newest fabrics which had been put away tidily. The background is by Art Gallery Fabric and the teal is Bike Tracks by Alison Glass. I bought a couple of yards of the White on White Bike Tracks at festival of quilts for only £6 per metre.

 
Same background but this time paired with Cotton and Steel purchased from Simply Solids.



I hope Nancy likes the blocks which I will mail out tomorrow.

1 comment:

Gina said...

Great blocks xx