Saturday, August 30, 2014

No trip to Sark today

 
After I dashed to the shops at 7.30 am to buy milk and juice, I returned to a text to say the forecast was dodgy with the wind pushing 17 knots and a 6ft swell. Not ideal for a 12 seater RIB. Never mind, we all have an extra day to do stuff - Nick is cleaning the garage, Matthew is shortening his shower curtain and I've finished a FQR 2014 project.


When I saw the details of this class with Brioni, I picked out colours to go with our kitchen. On my return Lizzie said it was perfect for the kitchen. The reds are just scraps from my scrap bags as were the black half square triangles.

 
At The Festival of Quilts I bought some of this franked fabric in black and having used the white version on the front, I thought this was perfect for the back. I quilted half inch straight lines on the back of the cushion. On the front I did blanket stitch around the petals, quilted the seam between the four flowers and around the black border.
 

 
I did consider doing a scrappy red binding, but soon found the remainder of the red dot fabric from another, as yet unfinished project from FQR. The binding was soon on, and stuck down with quarter inch seam a seam tape on the reverse, a couple of rows of straight stitching on the front and then a decorative feather stitch on the front and it's finished. well all apart from one press stud which is half done. I was going to use a new pack of bigger studs but couldn't work out how to attach them so I need to order some more from Amazon.

2 comments:

the running hare said...

It looks great Sue. I haven't tried press-studs, are they easy to apply?

Betty said...

I love the front! I love the back!
And I love the butterfly cushion as well!
To me you've hit the jackpot!!