When I saw the details of this class with Brioni, I picked out colours to go with our kitchen. On my return Lizzie said it was perfect for the kitchen. The reds are just scraps from my scrap bags as were the black half square triangles.
At The Festival of Quilts I bought some of this franked fabric in black and having used the white version on the front, I thought this was perfect for the back. I quilted half inch straight lines on the back of the cushion. On the front I did blanket stitch around the petals, quilted the seam between the four flowers and around the black border.
I did consider doing a scrappy red binding, but soon found the remainder of the red dot fabric from another, as yet unfinished project from FQR. The binding was soon on, and stuck down with quarter inch seam a seam tape on the reverse, a couple of rows of straight stitching on the front and then a decorative feather stitch on the front and it's finished. well all apart from one press stud which is half done. I was going to use a new pack of bigger studs but couldn't work out how to attach them so I need to order some more from Amazon.