Monday, December 30, 2013

Siblings Together 2 Quilt bee block instructions

Copyright Flutter Kat
I spotted this quilt top by Flutter Kat last year and thought at the time that it would make a lovely child's quilt.  I plan to make a quilt that is four 10" blocks wide and long in a rainbow palette. Flutter Kat has a tutorial for 17.5" blocks here. My blocks will start with 2.5" squares rather than 4" squares. The squares can be cut from left over jelly roll strips or scraps. The star points are made from scraps of white or white on white. The centre of the star can be placed in any position in the middle nine squares.

As I had yellow and red scraps out for the January ST2 blocks, I decided to prepare my samples now even though I'm not the Queen Bee until May. I'm pleased with how they've turned out.


 

 
 


 
 

No comments: