Wednesday, December 27, 2023

WIP Wednesday- merry and bright


Christmas festivities are now over, and the fridge is full of leftovers. In the UK we have a bank holiday for both Christmas day and Boxing Day. So, there hasn't been a lot of stitching and crafting going on, just plenty of food prep.


I started this sewlong (SAL) during the jingle ball at the beginning of December. The pattern is Merry & Bright by Tiny Modernist. Part 5 of the SAL was released a week ago on 20 December.  In the last week, I have finished all of the white border from part 1, parts 2 and 3 were already complete, done a little on part 4 and stitched most of the sleigh and part of the reindeer from part 5.


 I'd like to work on the reindeer this afternoon as that is the largest motif still to be completed. Then there will be mostly smaller floral motifs and snowflakes to add. I now have four days to complete it for my last 2023 finish but my daughter is keen to start on another joint project - a pin bag.

No comments: