Friday, December 22, 2023

Christmas project - Sewing space station


The first of the Christmas joint projects with my daughter is The Sewing Space Station - a pattern by Arabesque Scissors. This was chosen by my daughter. We plundered my box of Ruby Star Society fabrics and changed our minds more than once about our fabric choices.


Lizzie chose her fabrics based on these butterfly prints purchased from A Beautiful Thing at the Festival of Quilts. I mainly have fat quarters so needing bigger quantities is limiting our choices, which isn't necessarily a bad thing!!


I was thrilled to find a Ruby Star Society panel at the bottom of the box. It was purchased as part of a miscellaneous destash and is just the right size. I haven't quilted it as I didn't wat to detract from the gorgeous print. Time now to see if we can finish this project today and perhaps find my mojo.


 

No comments: