Friday, December 15, 2023

Friday finish - mini block sampler

 


It doesn't feel like I've accomplished much this month, but I have now finished the 2023 mini block sampler with Art East Quilting. I planned for the background to be an achromatic gradation from white in the middle to black in the corner. I've reinforced this with a black spotted border - fabric which I purchased in Rennes possibly two years ago.


The fabrics used for the blocks, other than the background, is from my delicious box of Ruby Star Society scraps and fat quarters. I need to start purchasing larger cuts as I only have a navy which I have in any quantity. However, I did have just enough leftovers from the Tiny Frights binding which is a glow in the dark white on a black background. I machine stitched down the binding as I anticipate this might be used as a baby quilt.


I used a piece of Ruby Star 108" wide fabric which is like a sateen for the backing. The pantograph is a Handiquilter baptist fan which I reduced in size as the blocks are only 6" square.


I even remembered to add a cheeky label into the binding.

No comments: