The sewalong for the 48 blocks finished almost two weeks ago but I will be honest, and I have dragged my heels with finishing the last block. This was a sewalong with Art East Quilting. I have kept up with stitching one block a week for every block until the last one. I had stitched a block with a white background for the centre block but as there were only 48 and not 49 block patterns released, I inserted a white fabric in the centre and restitched the star with a different background.
The final block had so many small pieces. I would have been better using the blue for the centres and the orange for the points. I had thrown away four blue squares thinking I had cut too many but of course I had cut too few rectangles for the flying geese blocks. Fortunately, it had been raining so I hadn't emptied the waste paper basket!!
I finished the quilt top but decided it needed a small border. The blocks are 6" finished so I opted for a 3" finished border in a white dot on a black background that I purchased in France two years ago. So, it's now ready to be quilted and possibly even bound this weekend.