Monday, November 29, 2021
Friday, November 26, 2021
We are in Aberdeen this week for Lizzie’s graduation from Aberdeen University with a masters in medical physics. The ceremony was mainly in Latin and there was a bagpiper around to pipe in the faculty.
Now I’m knitting a version from wool we purchased from hobbycraft and another friend wants a purple one. I think that will be my limit. The pattern is the Tiilda Hat by Inese Sang free from ravelry.com
Wednesday, November 24, 2021
Monday, November 22, 2021
My son purchased this pattern along with some others from Stitchers Paradise in Las Vegas. He went to California with a friend for a week in March 2020. My husband thought a week wasn’t long enough however when he was waiting for his flight back to the UK it was announced that the US borders were closing due to Covid. We feel very fortunate that he only went for a week and was able to fly straight home.
Friday, November 19, 2021
Die - Accuquilt 3.5" tumbler die
Fabric - Art Gallery Fabrics
Thread - Superior Threads Canaan
Pantograph - Japanese Clouds
Tuesday, November 16, 2021
I am working on writing a pattern for issue 44, but issue 43 is now out with lots of inspiring projects and articles. If you're not yet a subscriber, here's a flavour of what's in the magazine and a link to subscribe (affiliate link).
• Deviate Quilt by Rachelle Craig (@rachelle_handmade)
• Diamond Lily Quilt by Lynett Muhaso (@lynsavenue)
• Naturale Quilt by Heather Cartmel (@hcartmel)
• All In Quilt by Jane Kelly (@janekellyquilts)
• East Coast Star Cushion by Mercedes Rose (@somethingfromnothing_nl)
• Separate Ways Quilt by Shereece Spain (@sewhookedontreasures)
• Twisted Path Quilt by Cindy Pieters (@stitchinathome)
• Aunt Baby’s Project Travel Bag by Geraldine Wilkins (@livingwaterquilter)
• Sunshine is for Everyone Quilt by Ronni Chavez (@roadhomequiltn)
• Tips + Techniques by Alyce Blyth (@blossomheartquilts): 2, 4, 6, 8, HSTs we appreciate!
• DIY Design by Tara Glastonbury (@stitchandyarn): Making Plans
• Cloth Confidential by Wendy Wild (@thenextstitch): Know Your Substrates
• Quilt Like a Rock Star by HollyAnne Knight (@stringandstory): Let’s Talk Longarming with Jess Zeigler of The Longarm League
• Sewing Room Ergonomics by Rose Parr (@healthyquilting)
• Smash That Stash: Quilts Charming (@janekellyquilts)
• Meet the Maker: Troy Murrah (@troy.murrah)
• Meet the Maker: Sharon Burgess (@lilabellelanecreations)
• Meet the Maker: Annie Hudnut (@anniehudnut)
• Whip those WIPs by Jane Kelly (@janekellyquilts)
• Introduction to Fussy Cutting by Ange Wilson (@gnomeangel)
• Gallery: Fussy Cut Quilts by Ange Wilson (@gnomeangel)
You can purchase single issues and the whole back catalogue, if you're not yet a subscriber, here's a link to subscribe (affiliate link).
Monday, November 15, 2021
I finished the back of the cushion with five cam snaps in Aqua. They are so much easier to set than the metal prim snaps for me. I overlapped the back by an inch and stitched around the whole cushion, trimmed the corners and turned the project inside out.
There were a lot of quilt tops finished at retreat so I need to start doing some customer quilts this week to stay on top of the ones that are due to be dropped off for long arming.
Sunday, November 14, 2021
Why is it, that I was away for two days and four parcels arrived which elicited a comment from my husband!!
Friday, November 12, 2021
By dinner time on Saturday I had a completed quilt top, which was packed away ready to quilt in December probably. I have some orange backing still left which will be perfect.
Monday, November 08, 2021
It had been over two years since the last retreat at Gomersal Park near Leeds with Modern Quilt Club and everyone was so giddy with excitement. I did a lateral flow test before leaving Jersey as I didn't want to get stuck in the UK in isolation but we weren't asked to show them when we arrived. I did get a PCR test when arriving back in Jersey and was negative which was a great relief.
On Friday night and Saturday I pieced two more ugly sweaters - pattern by Kid Giddy. Someone else was suing the same pattern but it didn't go well for Anne. The four blocks will be made into a tub and will be on my 2022 UFO list.
Friday, November 05, 2021
By the third block, I had found the triangles and on point square for the centre so this was all cut on the Accuquilt including the fussy cut square on point. There are four blocks to look forward to in November and I might sneak my Accuquilt into my retreat packing for this weekend.
Wednesday, November 03, 2021
I have a retreat coming up this weekend and I have finished all of my 2021 UFOs, so now I need to finish up some projects and write the pattern for the magazine.
1. Spooky Sampler. This is prepped for retreat and only needs two broomsticks and three applique blocks to be stitched.
2. 2013 Prairie Schooler Santa.
3. Write Go Big Baby Bear pattern
4. November block for ATW BOM
5. Freebie Friday blocks
6. One branch of Christmas Tree by Barbara Ana. Kit by Nitka Moscow.
Monday, November 01, 2021
I had two trips this month - one week in France which involved no crafting and a retreat at which I didn't feel like I achieved much.
1. Two minimalist wallets for friends and one for me.
2. 2016 Prairie Schooler Santa.
3. La Fin du Monde by Libs Elliott
5. Coney Island Quilt - pattern test using the fabrics left over from Spooky Sampler.
I also finished piecing the Fractured Skull by Helen Creasey.