Friday, November 05, 2021

Free block Friday

 


I have enjoyed @gnomeangels previous sewalongs and know how well they are organised so decided to sign up for this FREE sewalong. Details here. I ordered my fabric from Sew Hot and added in the Quietplay print on white rather than using Kona white. The fabrics are inspired by Angie's Jumping Jacks version and are as follows:
Kona baby pink for background
Libs Elliott phosphor
Kristy Lea Dream



I don't have the required Marti Mitchell templates but decided to use my Accuquilt instead. For the first block, I couldn't find the square on point in my Mix and Match blocks. I have them in 6", 8", 9" and 12". I have just spotted they also have a 4" Qube.


The second block looked fiddly but came together well and I think that every block may have a fussy cut element.


By the third block, I had found the triangles and on point square for the centre so this was all cut on the Accuquilt including the fussy cut square on point. There are four blocks to look forward to in November and I might sneak my Accuquilt into my retreat packing for this weekend.



No comments: