Monday, December 04, 2023

Monday make - Carolyn Friedlander popper pouch


There were several of Carolyn Friedlander's Split pouch made and gifted at the October Modern Quilt Club retreat. I went mad last week and booked flights for the March and July retreats!! I don't pay for the luggage allowance, just in case I can't then go. 


The first pouch I made was from a prequilted piece of fabric left over from a By Annie project. This is the medium pouch, I am definitely not making the small pouch!! It has sat for a few weeks, waiting for me to make the bias binding.

Last weekend I made the large pouch and interfaced the outside fabric. It definitely needs something a bit firmer for me. I found my bias tape maker and the projects were both soon completed. The binding is the trickiest part as it's on a curve with the end of a zip. It is a very clever pouch which when opened is kept in place by plastic snaps.


 





No comments: