Monday, December 25, 2023

First Christmas project completed


Happy Christmas. The first project chosen by my daughter, Lizzie, for us to work on together was the Sewing Space Station by Arabesque Scissors. We made a few changes and quilted the base as a whole piece and used some of the piece to also make the cargo bag. We also used ribbons for the ties when wrapping it up to take to retreat.


When we were shopping for buttons earlier in the week, I didn't think we needed a third button, as I assumed it was for the pin cushion which I didn't make so I returned for the third time this week so buy a third button for us both and pick up my overlocker.



I am very lucky to have a large stash of Aurifil thread made up of purchases, wins and retreat goody bags. Even then it was quite difficult to find a match for the main panel. I tried to match thread to fabric in most areas.


A lot of preparation does into projects like these but once the fabric was quilted, it came together fairly quickly. I did cut the main panel too short but just adjusted the pocket panel by 1" to match.


I am pleased with the finished product and the Ruby Star Society panel fit just right and is framed well by the pockets, which don't intrude into the owl and branch. I was also able to add another part of the panel into the front pocket too.


No comments: