Monday, July 01, 2024

July 2024 plans

I have a retreat in Leeds this month so I need some achievable projects to take with me. Our guild UFO for this month has been drawn and it is Boo, which I thought about working on last week.


The last block for the 2024 Folk Sampler was released yesterday so I have put the blocks back on my design wall and I will be cutting out one block a day to try and finish it in July.


I started the Kimberbell Lucky Us cushion and I am waiting for some product to arrive to finish the last three blocks. I hope to take this to retreat for an easy finish.


The weather has heated up here in Jersey so I thought I would make some shorts. The fabric is washed and I have had the pattern printed locally which my husband is collecting for me today.


I thought that stitching up a strawberry pattern during Wimbledon would be fun, so have chosen this strawberry jam pattern by Tiny Modernist and will kit this up tomorrow as the specialty threads have arrived.


Another project to make at retreat is this Crafter's Tool Bag by Kandou Crafts. I saw this being made on the Okla Roots YouTube channel so will refer back to that video if necessary. No fabrics have been chosen yet which is the first step so I can cut out the pieces ready for retreat.


My first job this month though, must be finishing a customer quilt that I unpicked whilst my long arm was away being serviced.




No comments: