Friday, July 26, 2024

Ginger's kitchen bench pillow

 

I am catching up with the sewalong for the bench pillow by Kimberbell Designs which is hosted in the Cristin Creates facebook group and Youtube channel.


I have sewn together sections 1 and 2 and love how they look, but I'm not happy with the alignment so will unpick this and redo the seam.


I need to catch up with section 3 and cut and quilt some filler blocks. I'm not happy with the position of the house next to the Gingerbread Bakery block so I will move the gingerbread house up to the top of the section.


I stitched the final gingerbread house yesterday and pieced section 4. The background for the house is not correctly orientated, but I don't mind. I still love the clamshell quilting I chose for the house blocks.


The video for the gingerbread man was released today and fortunately I had already made that block. We are nearing the end, and I can't quite believe how big this bench pillow is. This weekend I need to restitch sections 1 and 2, finish section 3 and probably finish section 5 as that's one embroidered block and two small filler blocks.

Tomorrow I am doing an escape room followed by afternoon tea at a friend's home. Then I can enjoy the Kimberbell day events and perhaps stitch up the free design. You can sign up for free here.

No comments: