Friday, March 08, 2024

Friday finish - Summer basket

 


I bought this pattern and the baskets for the other three seasons in a destash. I had taken out my Halloween Terrarium to work on but there's unpicking to be done, so it soon went back in its bag. I thought one of these would be a quick and easy stitch. I used floss from my stash and replaced the light red with a pink and went for turquoise flosses rather than the greener aqua flosses suggested.


I watched the video of how to finish the pillows on Youtube and they are bigger than I expected. With my patchwork experience, they should be quick to finish - famous last words. I have pieced and quilted the cushion front so far. The turquoise fabrics are by Alison Glass and the red is by Libs Elliott.

I plan to finish this cushion and the Dancer by Barbara Ana over the next week. I now need to focus on my Challenge UFO for March which is the Halloween Terrarium by Tiny Modernist.

No comments: