Friday, March 29, 2024

Are you a creature of habit?


I didn't think I was a creature of habit, but I always sit on this sofa with the television on in the background whilst I cross stitch. Last week, we had a quote for sanding and revarnishing the floor and Daniel could start on Monday but wasn't available for the whole of April. We quickly accepted the quote and moved all of the furniture and curtains out last Wednesday. I was leaving for retreat early on Thursday morning and Nick was heading to Gatwick to go to a family party on the Friday. Except I didn't leave the island on Thursday so couldn't stitch when I returned from the airport. 

When I arrived home at 9am on Monday Daniel had already started and had finished by Tuesday lunch time. The floor would be dry by Wednesday afternoon but not fully cured for 12 days. Only furniture with felt on the bottom could be moved in. Eventually we have applied felt feet to all of our furniture thanks to my crafty stash and some gorilla glue. My stitching set up was restored by Thursday afternoon. I hadn't done any cross stitch for a week and I have my March UFO to finish by 31 March.


I stitched a little at the airport but soon realised there was at least one mistake in the outline of the terrarium which wasn't going to match up at the cork. I installed myself in my comfy chair yesterday and caught up on some TV and fixed the terrarium, stitched the orange flowers and the cork. I am feeling more positive about finishing this piece by Sunday. Today I'm going to focus on finishing the contents of the terrarium. My husband suggested we go food shopping today, even though I'm not sure many shops are open on Good Friday, and I am dressed to NOT go out!



 

No comments: