Wednesday, February 01, 2023

Wednesday wanderings



We are in London for a few days for hospital tests. On Monday we had a stroll around and I thought I’d share our wanderings. 

We started in Piccadilly Circus and headed up Regent Street. We stopped at Uniqlo and I bought a red cardigan before we had a look at the Liberty windows. A little disappointed but fun.


A quick stop in TK Maxx looking for some seasonal Rae Dunn (none that I could find) and we headed around the corner to MacCulloch and Wallis. A treasure trove of haberdashery. I bought just a few bag sliders in bright colours.



I spotted at sign at the bottom of Oxford Street for the Elizabeth line. Whilst Nick looked inside, I planned our route to our lunch. Perfect, we could get to Liverpool Street using this line. 


We arrived early at Ottolenghi in Spitalfields so had a stroll around the area. Not an area I know and have only visited once with my daughter.


I think this mural has potential to be a quilt?


We had a lovely meal at Ottolenghis finishing with one of their delicious cakes. I loved my carrot cake as the cream cheese icing wasn’t over sweet. 

Time to collect my bags from our hotel and head to Denmark Hill.


No comments: