Monday, January 30, 2023

Monday make - Christmas quilt

 


My neck pain improved after Christmas, so I sewed two more blocks. I then had nine blocks for a Christmas throw. All but the centre present block are from the sewalong with A Quilting Life.


I reduced this block in size to a 12" finished block so that I could add a red border. The fabric for this border is deep stash by Kate Spain.


The centre block of the quilt is a free block from the #Quiltmas range of blocks which I sized up to be an 18" block. I was pleased to get all of the directional prints going in the right direction.


It was a quick job to stitch the nine blocks together to make a quilt top. I went for no sashing and ended up with a 72" square. I used an Anne Bright pantograph called Frozen with a grey thread top and bottom. I had a Zoom call for the Sewology BOM with Modern Quilt Club on Saturday evening and was productive and managed t trim the top, wadding and backing, make the 2 1/4" binding, stitch the binding to the front of the quilt top and machine stitch down one side of binding.




The backing was a Christmas gift from my daughter by Gutterman from a local shop called Rachel's Textiles.

No comments: