Friday, November 22, 2019

Homebody socks


I purchased the pack of patterns by Curious Handmade on Ravelry for Knitvent 2019. The first pattern to be released was a shawl for which I didn't have suitable yarn. I tried combining a sport weight and a mohair but it just wasn't knitting up large enough, so I unravelled the project. 

This week pattern 2 is a throw suitable for an advent calendar of mini skeins. I have made up my own yarn advent calendar with two sets of mini skeins from Kate Selene and a destash set of Christmas skeins by Norah George. Then I arranged them in a pleasing rainbow fade and put them into my Opal yarn advent calendar box from a few years ago. The pattern for the throw is printed and ready for 1 December.

Pattern 3 was the homebody socks knit in DK and was exactly what I was hoping for. A cosy pair of socks for cold weekend days or when I'm not planning to leave the house. Too thick to wear with shoes but perfect for staying at home. I couldn't find my new yarn swift to wind up a DK skein so instead crossed my fingers and used a Rowan worsted yarn which worked out beautifully. The thicker yarn makes them a quicker knit than 4 ply or sock yarn.

I need to add my yarn swift to my list of items to find. If I haven't found them by the end of the month, then I have to make a concerted effort to find all of my missing items. This little system works for me as often I come across the items but if I don't then I have to put some effort into finding them. I was looking for a large box but have since remembered the yarn swift was in a slim packet.

No comments: