Friday, November 15, 2019

BOM progress - November

I think that I forgot to share with you the October blocks for the Quietplay Block of the Month that I completed at the Modern Quilt Club retreat in October. I am still waiting for my long arm bobbins to arrive and this pattern arrived a few days earlier than epected, so I decided to get the blocks sewn so that I am up to date.




I think that this feather block might just be my favourite block in the series so far. It is easier than it looks and has just three sections. I love the silver Essex dyed linen that I used for the rachis (yes I had to google the name of the stem of a feather).

I also love the rainbow of flying geese in ths block. I think I should probably have chosen a brighter turquoise for the lettering, but I am not redoing it!


And this is how it looks so far. The top two rows are sewn together and this week I plan to:
1. Stitch rows 2 and 3 together
2. Border the bobbin block
3. Complete row 5
4. Border the LOVE block
5. Stitch rows 5 and 6 together

Then once the December blocks are released, I will be much close to being finished. Can I finish it in 2019, I do hope so. I will have two BOM quilts to finish in December.

To celebrate being up to date, I bought the Christmas Joy wreath by The Crafty Nomad. More about that make next week.