Saturday, July 06, 2019

Elizabeth Hartman blocks


I have now finished using the Elizabeth Hartman blocks sewn during Gnome Angel’s sewalong from 2018. The sewalong was cancelled due to illness and I lost the enthusiasm. However Pat Sloan announced UFO Fridays last week so I dug out the last few blocks and put them on my design wall. During the week I added low volume strips to make the blocks into longer strips.


My design wall is so useful and a decent size. By Friday I had the bocks together and just added one last border around the whole piece. A simple swirls and circles design completed the piece on my long arm.



A rainbow stripe was the perfect binding and as the quilt is destined for a new born baby (not yet born), I was happy to use up the scrap of Basic Grey grunge in onyx as the backing.


 I made three other projects from my blocks:

Cat and hedgehog baby quilt



Cactus table runner


Awesome ocean baby quilt



Now that project is finished, I need to get another onto my design wall to make some progress.

No comments: