Tuesday, July 02, 2019

Threadology finish


My last finish for the month / quarter was the Threadology BOM. I have been joining in with Amy Ellis's #onethingwithAmy challenge. It's great way to challenge yourself to get one thing done per week, big or small. I decided to finish this quilt last week. I had quilted it earlier in the week but stalled on a choice for the binding.



You can see that I decided not to make the quilt into the lovely spool of thread as I didn't need a bigger quilt. I think I will donate this one to Project Linus. I like a good strip for the binding but I want feeling the love. I used a white Kona together with some FQs from a FQ stack of V & Co's metallic ombre for Moda Fabrics. I ran out of some colours so just added more in. I seemed to end up with lots of pale pink blocks but I distributed them throughout the quilt top which seems to have worked.



A friend suggested gold as a binding on Instagram. I prefer silver to gold so resisted the suggestion, but I new it was a good suggestion. A quick trip down the road to Crafty Quilters and half a metre of Essex metallic linen by Robert Kaufman was in my hands. I wanted to get the binding ready by Saturday so I could hand sew it at a Jersey Modern quilt Group workshop on the Sunday. In the end I had just six inches left to stitch down when we adjourned for afternoon tea in the foyer of the Jersey Museum.




A lovely day spent with friends and I soon had the binding finished when I got home.



The backing is a little random but it was taken from stash so I made it work. 


3 comments:

Maddy said...

l agree great choice to go with the silver. First timer to your blog will definitely return.

Michelle @ From Bolt to Beauty said...

What a lovely finish! I think the backing fabric fits the bill perfectly, picking up on a color from the front and busting some stashed yardage in the process!

Sarah Goer Quilts said...

Congratulations on your finish. I love the high contrast of the white with the vibrant colors. Thank you for participating in the FAL, on behalf of the 2019 global FAL hosts.