Friday, August 28, 2015

Farm girl Friday week 28 strawberry and maple leaf



Wow, where have the weeks gone, only ten more blocks to go and I have made none of them. august continues to be busy and September looks much the same with two trips planned.
 
The first block this week is a scrappy maple leaf with fabrics straight out of my scrap bag. I'm not sure about the Cotton & Steel arrows but as the quilt will have 100s of different fabrics I'm hoping it won't stand out too much. This is a six inch block. There's only one more block I want to make in the six inch size so I may have to make some more canning blocks to fill spaces.
 
 
And another scrappy block - this time a giant strawberry. It looks little unripe. Having used so many fabrics from my scrap bags, how come they aren't looking any less full?
 
 
And another group photo. It's amazing how many different fabrics can look good together linked by the white and low volume backgrounds.
 



No comments: