Monday, June 10, 2013

Happy stuff


I received two lovely parcels last week. The first was a mini quilt from the Mother's Day mini swap. Mine was a little delayed, but as we celebrate Mother's Day in March rather than May, it will be put away for enxt year. I particularly love the buttons that are the middles of each flower.


Peeking out from behind the mini, you might just spot a new steam iron, that I won from a local store, which will find its own space in my sewing room in due course. I used to have a travel iron which was 25 years old but solidly built, I had to replace it and the new style travel irons are lovely and light but not much good for lots of seam pressing.


I also won this delightful pattern for participating in One Project a Month (OPAM) from Peg. I want to make the cushion in some Bonnie & Camille but I am being strong and resisting it's allure. Not much sewing to show you as I've been cross stitching and unpicking in the main. I hope to have a lovely parcel from Moda to share with you tomorrow. I am stalking the UPS website but as I have to be at the Trinity house this morning to meet with the carpet man and the insulation man, I hope I'm not out when the brown van calls.

Linking up to:
Plum and June

No comments: