Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Granny's Garden

Hooked by the granny squares trend on the web, I decided to make a quilt from my scraps for the Siblings Together project as quilts are being handed over at the Fat Quarterly retreat so no postage cost. I found a piece of wide navy fabric in my pile and that worked well for the backing showing off the rose pantograph and bright thread choice. again the binding was in the pile and matched the colour of two of the fabrics in the blocks and the white on white was offcuts from the backing of my Swoon quilt.




The quilt looks good from the back too as the bold thread contrasts with the navy fabric.


Tomorrow I'm going on the WI walk, into town for a mystery shop and then I need to do some serious packing. Cutting board, ruler, rotary cutter etc. I hadn't even thought about having to take thread. And Nick though I could take just carry on luggage as I'm only going for a couple of nights!!

1 comment:

Alison V. said...

Oh wow, the quilting is absolutely gorgeous!