Saturday, May 19, 2012

FNSI May 2012


I was lucky for this FNSI, everyone else was out and Moyra offered to bring Lizzie back from JACY, so three hours to myself.  I managed to complete:
*  My ironing
* One more granny square. I think that makes ten in all
* Doc Schnibble up to the last border.



The granny squares are for two things:
1. Block lottery at our Quilting group - Caesarea Quilters on Monday evening. These squares are seriously addictive.
2. a quick quilt for Siblings Together to deliver at the Fat Quarterly Retreat in two weeks time. There's nothing like an unattainable deadline.


This is Doc, a pattern from La Vie en Rosie's Schnibbles range which uses two charm packs and some of my half bolt of White on White. I think I may need to order some more very soon. I just need to finish piecing the half square triangle borders, two of which are done. If I can get my long arm working properly again, I plan to quilt this one and the one already on the machine for Monday evening. Another ludicrous self imposed deadline. I have use Basic Grey's Blitzen line for this project.

Right, a busy day today with a cupcake workshop this afternoon and a daughter to be delivered here there and everywhere for dancing at 1.30 and a walk in aid of Seamen along St Catherine's breakwater at 10. Cakes are ready for the cupcake class so no panics at the moment. What to do next?

4 comments:

Lorraine said...

Love the fabric, love the quilt Sue.

Anonymous said...

Great quilt for the Siblings group. You accomplished quite a bit. Hope you get the longarm working right again.

Sue Daurio said...

the granny squares are great, love the colors. And Doc is just amazing, I'm going to to have to look for that pattern, I've got a couple of charm packs that would work perfectly.

Jenniffier said...

Your Doc quilt looks amazing. I actually have that pattern with fabric sitting in my to do pile. After seeing all Doc patterns pop up this month, I want to go work on mine.