Friday, June 17, 2011


Well it hasn't been as good a sewing week as I had hoped for as my sewing machine is still not working as I'd hoped, despite being serviced. So I did some piecing and applique this week.

Pieicing - I started another new project. I saw the Farmer's Wife Quilt a long on a friend's blog, had a look, no too like Dear Jane (another WIP) and passed. Unfortunately Camille also posted about it on her blog. The blocks in her modern fabrics, a whole different look. I'm on board. I've ordered the book, made two blocks, joined the Flickr group and the yahoo group. Oh and I may have ordered some fabric too.

Applique - I didn't get my June calendar block made in time for June so I thought I'd make a start on the July block. I have pieced and appliqued the block but forgot to do the inside of the Y. It's now ready to be put together, embellished with buttons and quilted for the Friday Night Sew in (FNSI)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is positive torture - a few clicks and i have found and checked out the blog and ordered another book i need like a hole in the head! Thanks Sue :)
Another UFO ahead I think.