Wednesday, June 01, 2011

Jazz Festival and shopping

I'm not the world's greatest shopper, but I do indulge from time to time, so here are a few purchases from our weekend trip to France. On the way to Coutances we decided to stop in nearby Granville that I've only visited once before. After lunch we went strolling, bought a few macarons in a patisserie and returned to "En peu de ci, un peu do ca". The shop had lots of Tilda products in the window and was in an artisans area with sculptures.



I indulged in a few My Minds Eye papers and some of the hard to find washi tape. They also had some sweet little bracelets to make or buy from liberty print bias binding.




Whilst in Coutances we did watch a little jazz, ate in the food village and generally mooched around.



On the Sunday we came across this bunch having a photo taken on the carousel!!




Monday saw us return to St Malo for the boat trip home. First stop Decathlon, then the Madeleine Centre. We found a few newer shops there including the one where I bought some of these wire storage baskets. The corrugated card and variegated thread were from Cultura, a regular haunt of ours. Oh and some more washi tape.



Whilst on our trip I had a little bit of hand sewing to keep me occupied. I managed quite a few hexagons and now need to do some of the embroideries to go with them. The hexagons are quick and easy to make and very portable. I'm off to Lorraine's soon for a tutorial for her holiday. I used the new Sewline glue pens instead of tacking down the fabric and the Sissix one inch hexagons and freezer paper so as to make the paper cutting quick and easy. You can cut 50 hexagons in a matter of minutes and then you iron them on to the fabric and the wax adheres the paper to the fabric temporarily.

1 comment:

Lorraine said...

Lots cut out and ready to go just waiting on the glue pen from Fiona.