Wednesday, October 16, 2024

WIP Wednesday - jingle all the way





I have joined in the sewalong for Jingle All the Way by Kimberbell Designs. Cristin Sohm hosts the videos on Youtube and it slowly take you through the blocks for the project section by section. I though I was about ten blocks behind, but it turns out to be fourteen blocks and two filler blocks!

The first block was Jingle all the way and you can either do the one block for section 1 or two blocks for the whole quilt. The benefit of doing all of the identical blocks is the work on later sections becomes lighter.



Next were two nine patch blocks for which I am using grey rather than black. They were quick to piece and then were quilted on my embroidery machine with a plaid pattern.


The three Le Moyne stars were next which was more of a challenge as my hoop is not quite big enough, but I reduced the quilting design from 8" to 7.75" and removed the basting stitches. I like how these turned out.


Next were two border blocks and time to stitch together section 1. I forgot to put stabilizer on the back of the border fabrics and I can see the difference in how they turned out. However, section 1 is complete and I'm starting to catch up! 


Next should have been five peppermint twists but instead I decided to do the simpler candy cane blocks. Watching the embroidery being done is so hypnotic. I am pleased with my choice of background fabric for these two blocks.


 A new video was released this morning, so I now need to stitch:

Three filler blocks for section 2
Five peppermint twists - one of which I need to complete section 2
Stitch together section 2

I'm not doing too badly given I had only started this project this week.

No comments: