Wednesday, April 17, 2024

WIP Wednesday - packing for France

My Facebook memories tells me that 12 years ago we were getting ready to go to Nantes, so I have been going to this show for a few years. Usually, one day is sufficient to see the whole show and make some purchases, but this year, I decided to do a class and then because I got my days mixed up and we are travelling on Friday and not Thursday, I've booked a second class.

My first class on Friday is with Helen Robinson of Sew Wonderful. I have already emailed Helen to let her know I may be late if our travel plans don't go perfectly. 


Then on Saturday morning I am doing Modern Foundation Paper Piecing Fundamentals with Verushka Zarat. My friend Carol did a two day class with Verushka so it will be interesting to see how much we learn and accomplish in three hours! This class comes with a fabric bundle for the complete project.


I have assembled my kit for the two classes and one requirements list was not initially in English and the only item I didn't pick up was a light box, but it is now packed with a travel adapter for the plug and a giant mesh bag to put everything in. I've added a design board as that might keep me a little tidier!!


I have two cross stitch projects packed for when we are in St Malo for a few days next week. I am making good progress on Bee Farm for the stitch along.


I only have a small start on the 2024 collector's heart by Heart in Hand but it's good to have a choice of pieces to work on.

Fingers crossed we don't encounter any delays as there is not much spare time in our schedule to get to Nantes by 2.30pm. However, we know the route and the exhibition centre is just off the peripherique after a tricky set of roundabouts have been negotiated.

No comments: