Monday, April 15, 2024

Monday Make - Quilters' tote

 

My Quilter's Tote by Zeriano has been getting a lot of love recently so I'm planning to make two for friend's birthdays. I think I'll give them as an unbirthday gift when we next meet for lunch. I pieced the side panels for one bag at Modern Quilt Club Retreat so didn't expect for it to take long to finish the project.

Yesterday I pieced the panels for the second bag with the plan to quilt all four panels at once on my long arm. Quilting them all together using a leftover piece of backing for the lining was so satisfying. I used the digital pantograph called circuits with Superior Threads' King Tut in Cleopatra. 


However, my machine was not playing ball in stitching the bag together and it took longer than I had expected. I need to buy a few more packs of Topstitch 90/14 needles. Once again, I used car headliner instead of bosal as it gives a firmness to the bag at a more reasonable price. 


As usual I forgot to add a label into the binding, so I added it before stitching the bag together. The label is from Sew anonymous.










No comments: