Monday, November 29, 2021

Monday missions

 


Yesterday after another lovely meal in Aberdeen, this time at Brewdogs, we headed to the airport by taxi as the roads were still icy. We eventually got home just before 10pm, after worrying about missing our connecting flight at Heathrow. However that flight was also delayed so we had plenty of time to spare.


My mission this morning was to have a CT scan at 8.45am, made more challenging as I slept through to 7.40am and there are about seven schools and colleges in a one mile radius of our home. I was five minutes late but all was good and I offered my profuse apologies.

Second mission of the day was to retrieve my Patchwork Rabbit advent calendar from the main Post Office. Delivery had been attempted last Monday and it could have been returned to sender today so that was a top priority.


My advent calendar is now being displayed on my design wall in my sewing room. It is deliberately not in numerical order to add to the fun and I plan to spend ten minutes tidying each morning before I open each day's envelope. Let's see how long that lasts.


Before lunch yesterday we returned to both Hobbycraft and TK Maxx. We each bought something in Hobbycraft:
I have a hole punch for thread drops, some murano fabric and a box for my Janome bobbins
Nick has a new black ink pad and a Happy Christmas stamp
Lizzie has Star Wars fabrics for more masks for friends.


A treat for Friday was an escape room called "Into the Amazon". Matt did not see it as a treat and was not happy, but we played well as a team and completed the task in 40 minutes and escaped. Lizzie thought it was her favourite escape room so far. This was only my third escape room.

Jobs on my to do list are:
Reconcile my credit card
Make last week's Freebie Friday block
Play canasta this afternoon, but I must do a LFT first to protect others.

No comments: