Sunday, March 15, 2020

Sunday stash - is self isolation looming?

A few purchases have been made or arrived this week. First is my very first purchase from Oakshott Fabrics which generated a couple of calls from Michael as I ha bucked the system and some items were out of stock. Since this photo I have labeled all of the colours and Michael pointed out a couple of substitutions. This is for the March UFO for the Jersey Modern Quilt Group challenge. Let's hope next month is an easier pick as I need to work on my Hex on the Beach which is EPP heavy.



A cross stitch hart from ebay along with the necessary threads for a Frosted Pumpkin sewalong from Crafty Quilters. My son purchased some fabric for this in Las Vegas for my. The shop owner was very helpful and happy to do a video call ia Facebook so I could see the fabrics.


A few more charts from Ebay which have not been kitted up. I have too many in progress already. Perhaps next year?


From Crafty Quilters are some recommendations for more accurate piecing from Philippa Naylor who taught two classes last weekend:

Smaller rotary cutter
Microtex 60 needles
Bottom line thread

All of these will come in useful for my March UFO and I have been using them for the Alison Glass mini series sewalong


I  well stocked up for Coronaggedon as I am sure are most crafteers, I feel sorry for those who have no hobbies that they can enjoy whilst self isolating. That hasn't hit us yet, but it's probably only a matter of time.


No comments: