Sunday, January 14, 2018

Tidying up wadding


I am surprised with myself, but I have managed to keep my sewing table clear this week. It isn't that I haven't been sewing, but having a clear desk every morning means that I have been tidying up every evening. 

I'm putting my works in progress in the top of my IKEA cart.


As wadding is bulky, I thought that tidying that element this week would have the greatest impact on my mess. My roll of wadding is kept permanently in the same room as my long arm and usually my bag of wadding scraps is kept in the 

same room.


I store my scraps in a zippered bag in which new bedding is sold. Small scraps get passed to a friend for stuffing, bigger scraps I use to clean the rails of my machine and large scraps are then easily found for bags or small quilts.

All I had to do was unpick some quilting on scraps to liberate the wadding from the backing and the backing has been added to the pile of fabric to be sorted. I think my IKEA cart needs tidying next.





No comments: